Author Topic: Things Iíve learned are bullshit  (Read 62 times)

manuelmarrero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Things Iíve learned are bullshit
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:39:14 PM »
A compendium of cynicism builders. Please contribute.

Thinkpieces: you have a thought, think that it merits circulation, or are commissioned to rake some martyr through the coals with your disingenuous, weaponized mob rooting you on. The thinkpiece brooks no dissent with its lies, or crudely oversimplified mediocre insights. They are the 2k word equivalents of hot takes, deposited on a clickbait conveyor belt, to be reblogged ad nauseaum by bots apropos of nothing but service to some flavor of the week dirty laundry or outrage. They are adversarial to intellection and its practitioners ought to be ignored.

Blurbs: I know some up-and-comers wanna give their books the old college try and I respect that, but let me use this space to crush your enthusiasm. It doesnít matter what somebody says or thinks about your art. The only thing that matters is that you make an earnest communication, and it either does it for x or not. End of cultural transaction. With books, longevity trumps the bluster of first impact, because readers are slow, and word of mouth travels as the crow flies.

Sprague Dawley

• Fences: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Things Iíve learned are bullshit
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
I am so far out of the loop it's pitiful I even have the gall to attempt to contribute an opinion on these things. So uninformed. From here on the upper east 45th Pitcairns parallel I have to spend 5 hours a day reading everything on the fucken internet just to begin to garner an inkling as to what the fcukk is going on. I sure as fuck dont see or hear about any of it from my "real life" simulacrum. Fashions? Looks? Mindsets? The streets? The people? I have no fucken idea about any of it. Finger on the pulse? Finger up my arse more like.

What I am trying to say is that I am relying on YOU cunts to tell me what's bullshit.

I'm all ears!
"We are here on earth to fart around and don't let anyone tell you different."
-K.Vonnegut

manuelmarrero

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:36:39 PM »
More edifying materials.

Jobs: honestly, fuck Ďem. I used to think there was dignity and character-building involved, but thereís only so many mornings I can justify being a low-level functionary for bad idiots unfit to be my superiors on anything. With wages in the toilet as they are, itís tantamount to slavery, just utterly meaningless drudgery for people a lot dumber and luckier than you. If you can afford to stave off existential malaise some other way, all power to you. The solution, of course, is to hose the people who are so rich they constitute the net worth of 100,000 LeBron Jamesís to pay for UBI.

Cryptocurrency: nothing but a powder keg of highly speculative, planet warming backdoor shenanigans. Technical Analysis, the logic of the market, all very interesting til you figure out the business model is fraud, and unlike Wall Street, the expenditures youíre bolstering donít even pretend to be scrupulous. They donít even pretend to be frivolous! Had a friend make 40k and lose all of it margin trading like a fuckmuzzle.

I think Iíll do dating apps next, then maybe podcasts.

Sprague Dawley

• Fences: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 05:18:11 AM »
Jobs: honestly, fuck Ďem. I used to think there was dignity and character-building involved, but thereís only so many mornings I can justify being a low-level functionary for bad idiots unfit to be my superiors on anything. With wages in the toilet as they are, itís tantamount to slavery, just utterly meaningless drudgery for people a lot dumber and luckier than you. If you can afford to stave off existential malaise some other way, all power to you.

you want to try working at a japanese uni where the tenured fake gaijin "professor", as he titles himself, spells "expat", in all seriousness, as "ex-patriot". Hardly the professorial look there buddy. Being a minion to a tenured Cap'n Thicky like that would drive you round the bend I imagine. Should be asking the ivory-towered gravy trainer to see me in my office. If I had one. The foreign no-hopers who washed up here first in the 80's and landed the tenured jobs by simple virtue of being the only white cunts on the whole damn island are the exact same clots outlined in your second sentence. Total shams. About as academic as my left nut. But they've learned to look the part in their learned tweed so the poor kids in their classes are none the wiser.

Yeah, jobs. Even though my scant few gigs at the moment are all piss-easy and stressfree and I dont mind going to them at all I still consider every single last one of them a thinly veiled insult. Hours out of my day ffs.

When I opened my record shop in NZ I knew I needed a good accountant, me having the business acumen of bitumen and all. So I got a top one and he felt sorry for poor old idiot me and gave me total mates rates and handed me off to his intern... but not before he gave me a 1 hour intro talk. FFS wish I had taped it. Was a total mind blower. The main things I can rememebr taking away from it were;

--there is no reason to "go to work" for some cunt and get paid the dogshit wage he decides to toss your way. Anyone with any money does no such thing. The money works for you. So D.I.Y. You go into business for yourself and then pay some other poor sap to do the shitwork while you keep all the fucken money. I used to think it was access to land that would get you ahead. Now I think it's access to your fellow man. Fuck him hard if you want to get ahead. Capitalism is inherently criminogenic.

--there is no reason to pay tax. any good accountant can get you off the hook for that with some creative and entirely legal chicanery. Family trusts, all that shit.
"We are here on earth to fart around and don't let anyone tell you different."
-K.Vonnegut

anything