Author Topic: Last Music Acquisitions/Cost/Shit/Shinola  (Read 19644 times)

Sprague Dawley

• Fences: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Last Music Acquisitions/Cost/Shit/Shinola
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2019, 05:51:21 PM »
AVAIL - 4AM Friday CD 100 yen reacquistion. the 90's hardcore kids in my old shop LOST THEIR SHIT for this band. thought it wouldve aged badly but the nostalgia is still fun
Avail - Dixie CD 100 yen reacq   
Avail/Young Pioneers 7". 1998 reacq. still thrills
Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal LP 500 yen. this would have to be the best sounding live album i've ever heard   
T. Rex - Electric Warrior LP 1,000 yen. another reacquisition. this time fuckyuz i'm keeping it. Science cunts have proven it is physically impossible to sit still to this record
The Pirates - Out Of Their Skulls LP 500 yen solid munt rock.
Slint - Tweez LP $8 had never bothered after review comparing it poorly to Spiderland. 1st 4 tracks are a bit forgettable but they hit their rhythm munty straps at times after that
Sleep - The Clarity 12$ $15. pricey for 1 song but fuck yeah
Austerity Program -black madonna CD $2. rhythmy pistony munt juggernaut
Neil Young- Weld 2xCass $5. the new shit was a bit mehh, straight to the classics
James Brown - Everybody's Doin' The Hustle & Dead On The Double Bump LP 500 yen. title hints at james7s shit disco years but this is 1975 and he still had it

"We are here on earth to fart around and don't let anyone tell you different."
-K.Vonnegut

Sprague Dawley

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2019, 12:01:04 AM »
godheadSilo - The Scientific Supercake cd 6.00
godheadSilo - Elephantitus Of The Night CD these 2 munters are back in the fold again. way more experimental than what i recall from Round 1 in the 90's. ps their last one "Share The Fantasy" is the alltime most underrated doom/sludge classic. ALL. TIME.
Dinosaur Jr. - Where You Been CD 3.00 how did I miss this one ffs. 1993
June Of 44 - Tropics And Meridians CD 3.00
June Of 44 - The Anatomy Of Sharks CDEP 2.00
June Of 44 - Engine Takes To The Water CD 3.00 sounds all good and well but after about 20 minutes you realise they havent actually got any songs
The Replacements - Tim CD 3.00
Sonic Youth - A Thousand Leaves CD 2.00 reacquisition to dub to cassette MINUS the mewling kim gordon ruination
Sugar - Beaster CD 2.00 my experiments to get maxmunt from JC Auto go on
High On Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis CD $2
High On Fire - Luminiferous CD $2 too metal/not doomy enough. cds suck blah blah but for these 10 or so I couldve bought ONE of them on fucking lp with the post office mafia cartel shipping rates
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells LP 500 yen. about the 10th time I've bought this
Whores. - Gold. CD $5 this new one is more juggernaut heavy and less Helmet
Whores. Clean 12" 12 euro. awesome splurge omgffs total Helmet munt

-K.Vonnegut

Sprague Dawley

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2019, 04:14:41 PM »
YO LA TENGO little honda cds 100 yen
YO LA TENGO sugarcube cds 100 yen. no idea here but took a punt. way gruntier than I was expecting
OMD crush LP 300 yen. yes, yes, you can have your laughs. they've still never done me wrong!
LES THUGS iabf LP 900 yen. finally get this back 25 years later. its raucous. still.
TORCHE admission LP $18. was expecting moon on a stick so bit of a let down. They follow the "formula" but somethings missing. that being, the munt groove

-K.Vonnegut

anything