Expat Press Forums - words+misc.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No writer ever becomes great until they’ve been greatly hurt.  (Read 2177 times)

junkiegirlfriend

• View Profile
Re: No writer ever becomes great until they’ve been greatly hurt.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 09:43:57 AM »

porter ranch, california
had a google nosey; very swank! maybe a bit hot for my liking though. The annual 6 metres of snow here is a pain in the todger but ffs the summer, damnit I hate overheating.

no omg please save yourself. one time I went to get the mail and I just started crying because it was so hot lol

dapells

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »

I subscribe to your theory, brilliant prose is released only through pain. I have read vast amounts of work and it is obvious, from the first sentence, who has suffered. By the time the first paragraph is finished, you want to throttle them, plunge a fork  into their chest and twist. After finishing a full page, you want to pull their hair out, light them on fire while skull fucking their wife. In my quest for excellence, I would avail these techniques to all in need.

Luxury and abundance have cursed my life, love and joy flow in my veins. I am truly doomed yet knowing I could be part of the creative process is thrilling. A few noted authors, in my opinion, would benefit from some pain in their lives but if you know of someone who is  desperate for help, let me know.

Sprague Dawley

• Fences: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 06:15:24 PM »

Idyllic childhoods = not good for forging wonderful writey writey people.

Need that horror show back there, the one that forced the child to seclude themselves away from the madness of the adults into a world with things they could control, toys, books, and then the words that would be their lifelong refuge.
"We are here on earth to fart around and don't let anyone tell you different."
-K.Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2]